Senior Building Automation Systems Field Technician
Since 1999, Engineered Control Solutions, Inc. (ECS) has been the regional leader in the design, installation and service of direct digital control systems for HVAC systems and a nationwide Top 5 Honeywell Authorized Controls Integrator Direct (ACI). With 75+ employees, ECS has become the one of the largest controls integrators in the Carolinas while maintaining a small company work atmosphere.
ECS is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Senior Building Automation System Field Technician to support our continual growth. The primary roles of the position managing and mentoring other Building Automation System Technicians.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of controls technicians.
- Competency in the functionality of Building Automation Systems and HVAC controls, including software engineering and commissioning tools, DDC controllers and field devices.
- LonWorks, BACnet, and Modbus protocol fundamentals.
- Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 experience. Possessing a Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 certification is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including computer networking fundamentals.
- Ability to read low voltage wiring diagrams and controls flow diagrams.
- Proficiency with test instruments and calibration tools.
- Understanding of the operation of HVAC controls and HVAC equipment. This includes the ability to understand and explain written sequences of operation.
- Previous experience working with Honeywell and/or Distech is a plus.
- 5 years' experience performing startup and commissioning of Building Automation Systems and HVAC controls.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software and strong PC skills.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- The ability to work on a construction site including the use of step ladders and scaffolding is required.
Engineered Control Solutions, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA) with Company Matching Program.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
BAS Field Technician position specific benefits:
- Company vehicle
- Company cell phone
- Laptop computer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- DDC Controls: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply